How to join us
In order to become a member of El Riad Shrine (or any Shrine Temple), you must first become (and continue to be) a member in good standing of a Masonic Lodge. Following is some information on the Sioux Falls Lodges.
Minnehaha Lodge #5
Meets on the first Thursday of the month at 7:00 p.m., (eat at 6:00 p.m.)
Secretary Bill Hoskins
(605) 387-4210 ext. 3020
Unity Lodge #130
Meets on the second and fourth Thursdays of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Secretary Glendon Rice Jr.
Trinity Lodge #200
Meets on the first Monday of the month at 7:00 p.m. (eat at 6:00 p.m.)
Secretary Mark Ingalls
Masonic Initiation/Degrees (one time fee)
Varies by Lodge $130–175
Annual Masonic Dues
Varies by Lodge $65–75
Meets at the Shrine on the second Wednesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.
Check our calendar for meeting dates and times for individual units.
Unit & Club Support
John Archer, PP
Charlie Brown, PP
Membership Vice Chairman
Shrine Initiation: $200 (one time fee)
El Riad Dues: $74 (annual dues)
Unit Dues: varies within each unit
As a reminder, we have upcoming Rush Parties on the following dates:
- March 13
- March 20
All of the Rush Parties start at 6:00 p.m. at the Shrine, and then normally are done by 8:00. We look forward to you bringing potential new Nobles to these Rush Parties so that they can enjoy the great benefits of being a Shriner that we all do.
As our Potentate would say “But for the Shrine” (i) thousands of children would have not received free medical care, or (ii) your network of friends would be significantly smaller, or (iii) the number of activities involving your wife and children would be greatly reduced.
Also, I want to remind everyone that we will still have in 2019 the sponsor incentives that we had in 2018. Each sponsor will receive a $15 credit from the Director’s Staff for each Noble that the Noble sponsors. In addition, if a Noble sponsors three new candidates, he will not be required to pay his 2020 dues and if a Noble brings in five candidates in 2019, he will receive a free pass to each Shrine event in 2020.
As always, the Lodges are working very closely with us, which we are thankful for, and we have set the following dates for Degree work:
* February 21, Minnehaha will read Petitions;
* February 28, Unity will be doing the FC Degree;
* March 4, Trinity will vote on Petitions;
* March 7, Minnehaha will vote on Petitions;
* March 9, Minnehaha will perform the EA Degree;
* March 18, Trinity will read Petitions and do the FC Fellowcraft Degree;
* March 28, Unity will read Petitions and do the Master Mason Degree;
* April 1, Trinity will vote on Petitions;
* April 4, Minnehaha will vote on Petitions;
* April 11, Unity will vote on Petitions and do the EA Degree;
* April 13, Trinity will do the Fellowcraft Degree and the Shrine will be responsible for the Master Mason Degree.
If your candidate attends any of the Rush Parties, your candidate’s Petition will be read and voted on so your candidate will be able to finish the Degree work and be a participant in the Spring Ceremonial on May 4.