Due to COVID-19, all 2020 El Riad Shrine Circuses have been cancelled.
Nobles of El Riad, I have the unfortunate duty as Circus Chairman to inform you that due to COVID-19 all circuses for El Riad have been canceled for 2020. We had been working diligently with the Arena staff and were beginning to work out what our event would have looked like with the CDC guidelines and at a reduced capacity, so not to draw any additional scrutiny as we would have been one of the first few large events in the region.
After this process had begun, our circus promoter George Carden reached out to us to inform us due to numerous cancellations, he unfortunately had to cease operations for the year. This was not a decision that he took lightly as obviously it has significant financial impact on himself as well as us. Not to mention, George and his crew look forward to coming to El Riad every year as we are like family to them as well as they are to us.
I know many of you look forward to the circus every year as it is a great event to show ourselves to the public as well as bond with our fellow nobles at a fun event. The circus personally means a lot to me as I grew up at this event. I fondly remember helping the Fife & Drum every circus carrying 50 pound ice bags up the stairs for the pop that they were butchering. This gave me my first taste of volunteering for the shrine and what the shrine means to our community. Also, I built lasting friendships doing so, of which I still have today and led me to be a noble of this great temple.
This year is one for the books and I know we will never forget it, but it will make us stronger and we will get through it together. I wrote my experience and the feeling I have for the circus to encourage you to bring those acquaintances to our circus next year so they can see the fun and enjoyment we have while volunteering, so maybe they will get the bug we all have and want to join the shrine. I look forward to seeing you all around throughout the rest of the year and especially at the circus next year.
Aaron Neiman, 2019-20 Circus Chairman
The Best Entertainment Value in Town
Proceeds are for the benefit of El Riad Shrine. Payments are not deductible as charitable contributions.
79th Annual El Riad Shrine Circus
2020 Circus Chairman – Aaron Neiman
Assistant Circus Chairman – Larry Johnson
Nine Circus Performances at the
Sioux Falls Arena
- Thursday, April 23, 2020: 12:30 p.m. All Seats are General Admission
- Thursday, April 23, 2020: 7:00 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Friday, April 24, 2020: 12:30 p.m. All Seats are General Admission
- Friday, April 24, 2020: 7:00 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Saturday, April 25, 2020: 10:00 a.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Saturday, April 25, 2020: 2:30 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Saturday, April 25, 2020: 7:00 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Sunday, April 26, 2020: 12:30 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Sunday, April 26, 2020: 5:00 p.m. Reserved & General Admission
- Adult Reserved Seat $20
- Child Reserved Seat $13 – Refunds for children with coupons may be redeemed at the will-call window at the Sioux Falls Arena during the dates of the circus.
- Adult General Admission $10
- Children 12 and under FREE with coupon
- COUPONS AVAILABLE APRIL 2
- Elementary school children can get complimentary circus coupons at any:
- Sioux Falls Campbell’s Supply Stores
- Sioux Falls Sunshine Food Stores
- Sioux Falls Arby’s Restaurants
- El Riad Shrine
Coupons must be exchanged for tickets for the performance the child wishes to attend.
Circus Ticket & Coupon Information
2020 Ticket Sales Schedule
Online reserved ticket sales begin March 30.
General administration ticket sales and coupons at El Riad Shrine:
- Thursday, April 16 at the Shrine 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 17 at the Shrine 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, April 20 at the Shrine 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 21 at the Shrine 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 22 at the Shrine 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Ticket sales move to the Sioux Falls Arena, coupons and will-call tickets available for pick up:
- Thursday, April 23 at the arena 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Friday, April 24 at the arena 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, April 25 at the arena 9:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Sunday, April 26 at the arena 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
2020 Area Shrine Circuses
El Riad Shrine Circus brought to you by the Big Bend Shrine Club
Monday and Tuesday: April 13, 14
- Monday, April 13, 2020: 4:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 13, 2020: 7:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020: 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 14, 2020: 7:15 p.m.
El Riad Shrine Circus brought to you by The Corn Palace Shrine Club
Mitchell, SD – World’s Only Corn Palace
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: April 27, 28, 29
- Monday, April 27, 2020: 7:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020: 10:00 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020: 4:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, April 28, 2020: 7:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020: 4:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 29, 2020: 7:15 p.m.
El Riad Shrine Circus brought to you by the Lewis & Clark Shrine Club
Yankton, SD – NFAA Easton Yankton Archery Complex
Friday, June 26
1:00 p.m. and 7:00 p.m.
El Riad Shrine Circus brought to you by the Gopher Shrine Club
Windom, MN – Windom Arena
Thursday, June 25
3:00 p.m. and 6:30 p.m.
El Riad Shrine Circus brought to you by the Rosebud Shrine Club
Winner, SD – Winner Rodeo Grounds
Saturday, June 27
2019 Sioux Falls Shrine Circus Gallery
Photos by Shutterbug, Josh Jurgens
Circus Food Prices
Cotton Candy $3
Hot Dogs $2
Milk (white or chocolate) $1
Sno Cones $3
Water (bottled) $2